Advancing safe and sound and impressive preservation options in splendor and particular treatment
INOLEX has expanded its current worldwide patent portfolio of novel alkylhydroxamic acid engineering with the issuance of many new patents directed to the use of caprylhydroxamic acid and related alkylhydroxamic acids for preservation of beauty, beauty, and private treatment formulations.
Caprylhydroxamic acid (CHA) is a 100% all-natural and easily biodegradable chelating agent that efficiently binds iron ions, resulting in a robust fungistatic outcome. Additionally, its C8 acyl carbon chain imparts bacteriostatic character. The mix of these qualities supplies strong preservation results in formulations by making an surroundings that inhibits microbial advancement.
Combinations of CHA with medium chain terminal diols (MCTDs) are best for microbial handle in cosmetic formulations, as shown via INOLEX’s portfolio of protected, wide spectrum preservation alternatives.
The recently issued US Patent US11291204B2 is titled “Preservatives for beauty, toiletry and pharmaceutical compositions” and addresses preservation compositions owning a C6, C8, C10, or C12 alkylhydroxamic acid, such as CHA, in blend with a wide range of medium chain terminal diols such as caprylyl glycol glyceryl caprylate and caprylyl glyceryl ether.
In accordance to Michael J. Fevola, PhD, VP Investigation & Growth and Products Stewardship at INOLEX, “The innovation enabled by INOLEX’s patents, using synergistic mixtures of multifunctional substances as vital components of a hurdle technological innovation strategy, is displacing classic biocidal solutions to preservation. Our platforms provide innovations that lessen toxicological challenges and environmental affect, producing a new conventional for manufacturers to realize protected and productive preservation of cosmetics and individual care merchandise.”
INOLEX products included by this patent are presented beneath the Spectrastat manufacturer, and involve Spectrastat, Spectrastat G2 Pure MB, Spectrastat CGE Normal MB, and Spectrastat MHG All-natural MB.
In addition to the aforementioned patent, the firm has expanded the international reach of its alkylhydroxamic acid portfolio with Chinese Patent CN107595662B, titled “Synergistic compositions, formulations and similar techniques for cutting down ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation”, and covers synergistic compositions of alkylhydroxyamic acids, together with CHA, with anti-oxidants to reduce ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation.
The patent also promises alkylhydroxamic acids in mixture with anti-oxidants which include ascorbic acid sodium ascorbyl phosphate ascorbyl palmitate tocopherols (vitamin E) tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate) butylated hydroxytoluene butylated hydroxyanisole resveratrol quercetin uric acid carotenes glutathione melatonin and mixtures thereof.
An supplemental patent application in Europe for the use of combos of alkyl ethers of glycerol and CHA in beauty and dermatological formulations is pending. This application compliments an present portfolio of patents in Europe, acquired by INOLEX, that address the use of CHA in apps which includes hair styling with flexible hold, dandruff handle in mix with sorbic acid, and combos of CHA with fragrant alcohols. INOLEX substances protected by the latter include things like Phenostat, Benzostat, and Aromastat.
The breadth of INOLEX’s patented engineering underscores the company’s ongoing dedication to advancing the subject of secure, helpful, and sustainable solutions for preservation of formulated products and solutions.
- CN 10-7595662 B – “Synergistic compositions, formulations and similar strategies for minimizing ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation”
- US 11,291,204 B2 – “Preservatives for beauty, toiletry and pharmaceutical compositions”
- EP 2 793 814 B1 – “Active substance combinations of a person or far more aromatic alcohols and octanohydroxamic acids, and beauty or dermatological preparations made up of these kinds of lively substance combinations”
- EP 2 606 934 B1 – “Hair styling formulation for the generation of a adaptable keep by usually means of octanohydroxamic acid”
- EP 2 793 820 B1 – “Use of an lively agent combination of sorbic acid and a hydroxamic acid versus dandruff”
- EP 2 793 815 A1 (pending) – “Active substance combos of one or a lot more alkyl ethers of glycerol and 1 or far more physiologically satisfactory hydroxamic acids, and cosmetic or dermatological preparations made up of such active substance combinations”