Cytown, the metaverse presently being produced under South Korean software developer Hancom and local social media assistance Cyworld Z, recently acquired the environmentally friendly gentle from Google to launch a mobile app on the Playstore.
See relevant short article: Be kind, rewind! South Korea’s Cyworld is back again in Website 3. avatar
- Hancom will launch the Cytown metaverse just after it finishes linking its system with Cyworld Z, in accordance to regional media experiences.
- Cyworld Z is a revamped social media system in South Korea that was massively well-liked in the country all around the mid-2000s.
- The initial Cyworld had 32 million buyers at a person place, but its recognition withered with the advent of mobile social media providers these as Facebook and Twitter.
- Even though Cyworld Z’s social media application released again in April, it introduced that it will additional evolve its system utilizing cryptocurrencies, the metaverse and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- The Cytown metaverse will recreate Cyworld Z’s interactive social platform in 3D, with its possess overall economy consisting of Dotori, the cryptocurrency issued by Cyworld.
- Cytown is continue to awaiting approval from Apple’s Application Retailer.
- In the meantime, South Korea is increasing its stake in the metaverse — previously this year, its science ministry introduced a US$185 million investment decision to develop the country’s metaverse ecosystem.
See connected posting: South Korea destinations $185M bet on the metaverse